Regulations & Guidance
Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine, College of Agriculture, including the Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station Outlying Units, and Harrison School of Pharmacy are accredited by AAALAC International. This accreditation demonstrates AU's commitment to responsible animal care and use.
Animal Welfare Assurance
Auburn University maintains an Assurance that it will comply with the Public Health Service Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. This Assurance sets forth the responsibilities and procedures of AU regarding the care and use of animals
Auburn University is registered with the USDA as a Class R - Research Facility under the Animal Welfare Act (7 U.S.C. 2131 et seq.).
Federal Regulations and Guidance
- AVMA Guidelines for the Euthanasia of Animals: 2020 Edition
- FDA Good Laboratory Practice for Nonclinical Laboratory Studies
- Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals in Research and Teaching: 4th Edition
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals: 8th Edition
- PHS Policy on Humane Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- USDA Animal Welfare Act and Regulations
- USDA Animal Welfare Inspection Guide
Auburn University IACUC Guidelines
Auburn University Guidance