Research, a cornerstone of Auburn University’s tripartite mission, impacts the quality of our instruction, outreach and service endeavors. Research at Auburn today provides a portal to discovering new knowledge, advancing scholarship, and propelling economic development. The breadth of research activities across Auburn influences and enriches the lives of the citizens of the state of Alabama, the nation and the world.
Throughout its history, Auburn University has been actively engaged in economic development across Alabama, the Southeast as well as nationally and internationally. As a land-grant university, our research, extension and outreach programs help to feed our state’s economic growth. With Auburn University representation in all 67 counties of Alabama, Auburn is bringing together researchers, executives and decision-makers to solve problems, grow business and improve communities through economic engagement with our strategic, interdisciplinary research initiatives, as well as partnerships in technology and talent. Auburn leads state and regional collaborations, and partners with government and industry to provide a strong innovation infrastructure that promotes economic development. In 2014, Auburn University, including its four divisions and alumni base across Alabama, contributed over $5 billion to the state’s economy and was responsible for sustaining almost 24,000 jobs for Alabamians in addition to its own direct employment.
The Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development fosters and promotes the research enterprise and scholarly activity at Auburn by ensuring that faculty, staff and students receive the assistance and support necessary to engage in a wide range of research activities. The OVPRED offers essential and strategic expertise to support all aspects of sponsored activities including research compliance, proposal development and pre-award services, interdisciplinary and new program development, and guidance on conceptualizing and protection of intellectual property.
Search Research News Stories
Search term must be at least 4 characters.
- Auburn Speaks: On Cyber and the Digital Domain Now Available with Augmented Reality
- Alabama Cyber Research Consortium Awarded National Science Foundation Grant
- Energy & the Environment
- Auburn research team to use USDA grant to strengthen forestry industry in Alabama
- SEC's Auburn University Faculty Achievement Award presented to chemical engineering professor
- Alabama Power Foundation establishes interdisciplinary research institute in honor of Charles D. McCrary at Auburn University
- Food Systems
- Auburn’s Gulf Coast Research and Extension Center and the Underwood Family: Putting Good Ideas To Work in the Pecan Industry
- Auburn RFID Technology could revolutionize Food Safety
- Gulf of Mexico Research & Restoration
- Alabama Oyster Social a celebration of state's oyster industry and Auburn research
- Auburn oil spill research indicates recovery for microscopic invertebrates
- Health Sciences
- Auburn University and the University of Massachusetts Medical School team with French Biotech Company to treat neurologic disorder in children
- Pharmacy faculty, engineering student find common ground in research collaboration
- Get to know Brian Vaughn, an award-winning Auburn University authority on children and peer-relationships
- Do they work? Nutritional supplement ingredients tested by Auburn University researchers
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)