Research, a cornerstone of Auburn University’s tripartite mission, impacts the quality of our instruction, outreach and service endeavors. Research at Auburn today provides a portal to discovering new knowledge, advancing scholarship, and propelling economic development. The breadth of research activities across Auburn influences and enriches the lives of the citizens of the state of Alabama, the nation and the world.
Throughout its history, Auburn University has been actively engaged in economic development across Alabama, the Southeast as well as nationally and internationally. As a land-grant university, our research, extension and outreach programs help to feed our state’s economic growth. With Auburn University representation in all 67 counties of Alabama, Auburn is bringing together researchers, executives and decision-makers to solve problems, grow business and improve communities through economic engagement with our strategic, interdisciplinary research initiatives, as well as partnerships in technology and talent. Auburn leads state and regional collaborations, and partners with government and industry to provide a strong innovation infrastructure that promotes economic development. In 2014, Auburn University, including its four divisions and alumni base across Alabama, contributed over $5 billion to the state’s economy and was responsible for sustaining almost 24,000 jobs for Alabamians in addition to its own direct employment.
The Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development fosters and promotes the research enterprise and scholarly activity at Auburn by ensuring that faculty, staff and students receive the assistance and support necessary to engage in a wide range of research activities. The OVPR&ED offers essential and strategic expertise to support all aspects of sponsored activities including research compliance, proposal development and pre-award services, interdisciplinary and new program development, as well as guidance on conceptualizing and protection of intellectual property.
Work with Auburn
Search Research News Stories
Search term must be at least 4 characters.
- Auburn University celebrates Olympic designation
- Driving Discovery To the Marketplace. This is Auburn Research
- Auburn’s new ‘This is Research: Faculty Symposium 2015’ set for Sept. 30
- Auburn doctoral student and entrepreneur known around the globe for her seafood businesses
- Auburn University’s Pradeep Lall to lead national manufacturing center on harsh environment electronics
- Auburn engineering alumnus named deputy director of NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center
- Auburn University enhancing commerce and research through unmanned aircraft systems
- Auburn University agreement opens door with Korean automotive industry
- Auburn University and NASA sign Space Act Agreement on additive manufacturing
- The Auburn University Shellfish Lab: Putting Science to Work along the Northern Gulf Coast