Research, a cornerstone of Auburn University’s tripartite mission, impacts the quality of our instruction, outreach and service endeavors. Research at Auburn today provides a portal to discovering new knowledge, advancing scholarship, and propelling economic development. The breadth of research activities across Auburn influences and enriches the lives of the citizens of the state of Alabama, the nation and the world.
Throughout its history, Auburn University has been actively engaged in economic development across Alabama, the Southeast as well as nationally and internationally. As a land-grant university, our research, extension and outreach programs help to feed our state’s economic growth. With Auburn University representation in all 67 counties of Alabama, Auburn is bringing together researchers, executives and decision-makers to solve problems, grow business and improve communities through economic engagement with our strategic, interdisciplinary research initiatives, as well as partnerships in technology and talent. Auburn leads state and regional collaborations, and partners with government and industry to provide a strong innovation infrastructure that promotes economic development. In 2014, Auburn University, including its four divisions and alumni base across Alabama, contributed over $5 billion to the state’s economy and was responsible for sustaining almost 24,000 jobs for Alabamians in addition to its own direct employment.
The Office of the Vice President for Research & Economic Development fosters and promotes the research enterprise and scholarly activity at Auburn by ensuring that faculty, staff and students receive the assistance and support necessary to engage in a wide range of research activities. The OVPR&ED offers essential and strategic expertise to support all aspects of sponsored activities including research compliance, proposal development and pre-award services, interdisciplinary and new program development, as well as guidance on conceptualizing and protection of intellectual property.
Search Research News Stories
Search term must be at least 4 characters.
- Auburn University enhancing commerce and research through unmanned aircraft systems
- Auburn University agreement opens door with Korean automotive industry
- Auburn University and NASA sign Space Act Agreement on additive manufacturing
- The Auburn University Shellfish Lab: Putting Science to Work along the Northern Gulf Coast
- Auburn University Research Advisory Board Member, Dr. Paul Lioy, passes away.
- How can we help? Auburn launches new external engagement website
- Auburn University hosting forum: Additive Manufacturing – The Next Industrial Revolution
- Experts at Auburn University say biosecurity is crucial tool in battle against avian influenza
- Auburn University named Innovation and Economic Prosperity University
- Dr. Robert Norton receives Knowlton Award from Military Intelligence Corps Association
- Auburn University participates in Heavy Duty Truck Platooning Study
- GE Aviation readies first 3-D printed jet engine nozzle at Alabama plant, partners with Auburn University
- Auburn University Research Initiative in Cancer announces academic-biotech collaboration
- Auburn University holds grand opening for its new RFID Lab; announces joint project with Amazon
- Auburn senior receives Udall Scholarship for Excellence in National Environmental Policy
- Students win Tiger Cage competition by designing app to locate vacant parking spaces
- Auburn University kicks off Baja SAE North American racing season
- Ronald Lee Burgess Jr., USA, Retired, Cyber Laboratory Dedicated
- Because This Is Auburn: A $1 Billion Contract Capital Campaign for Auburn University
- The Rural Studio in Auburn’s College of Architecture, Design and Construction was recently featured by the Huffington Post for using their expertise to bring practical solutions to real-world housing problems.
- BEST Robotics program catapults high school students to presidential science fair
- Auburn research team to use USDA grant to strengthen forestry industry in Alabama
- Auburn University receives nation's first FAA authorization to operate Unmanned Aircraft Systems Flight School
- SEC's Auburn University Faculty Achievement Award presented to chemical engineering professor
- Auburn Speaks: On Cyber and the Digital Domain Now Available with Augmented Reality
- Timm paves a new way in Hong Kong with keynote address
- Auburn University and the University of Massachusetts Medical School team with French Biotech Company to treat neurologic disorder in children
- Alabama Oyster Social a celebration of state's oyster industry and Auburn research
- Alabama Power Foundation establishes interdisciplinary research institute in honor of Charles D. McCrary at Auburn University
- Auburn’s Gulf Coast Research and Extension Center and the Underwood Family: Putting Good Ideas To Work in the Pecan Industry