The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) manages all non-financial matters related to externally sponsored grants and contracts awarded to Auburn University (AU). Selected staff members have signatory authority to submit proposals and negotiate and accept awards for AU, and monitor programmatic aspects of projects from proposal development through project closeout.
INSTITUTIONAL INFORMATION FOR PROPOSALS AND AWARDS
(as of January 3, 2022)
AU Coverform for Extramural Programs (to be used for award processing). For proposals, please utilize the e-CF available through Banner Self-Service.
The Principal Investigator Handbook assists faculty and staff with the administrative aspects of sponsored projects. The Handbook has three main goals: (1) To provide guidance in regard to the development and administration of sponsored projects; (2) To inform Principal Investigators/Project Directors (PIs/PDs) of their roles and responsibilities in sponsored projects administration and compliance and to indicate the roles of staff in supporting the research effort; and (3) To collect and organize information pertinent to sponsored projects administration in a single document and make that information accessible to all interested parties.
Proposals indicating the use of subcontractors or consultants should contain the following:
- Subcontractors: An AU Subrecipient Commitment Form which includes a detailed statement of work and a detailed budget indicating the activities, level of involvement, and costs proposed by the subcontractor. This information should be presented in a way to distinguish it from the activities and costs of AU. The AU Investigator should be prepared to explain the reasons for choosing the particular subcontractor.
- Consultants: A statement of work and indications of rates to be charged should be included in the AU proposal in the form of a letter of commitment from the consultant showing his or her willingness to be a part of the AU effort.
Additional Information related to the subawards/subcontracts (including guidance related to subawards vs. PSCs) can be found on the Subagreement Process page.
Authorized Official: James Weyhenmeyer, Vice President for Research & Economic Development
AOR for Electronic Proposal Systems: Anthony Ventimiglia, Assistant VP for Research Administration (on behalf of Dr. Weyhenmeyer)
Organizational Type: State Instrumentality of Higher Education
|Mailing Address (awards):
Office of Sponsored Programs
Research and Innovation Center
540 Devall Drive, Suite 200
Auburn, AL 36832-5888
|Director of Sponsored Programs: Gene Taylor
107 Samford Hall
Auburn, AL 36849
|Mailing Address (payments):
Contracts & Grants Accounting
208 M. White Smith Hall, 381 Mell Street
Auburn University, AL 36849
|Financial Officer: Larry Hankins, Director
Office of Contracts & Grants Accounting
|Awards should be directed to:
Office of Sponsored Programs
|Checks should be made payable to:
Important Proposal Information
Congressional District: AL-003 County: Lee
Employer ID Number - Federal ID Number - Tax ID Number: 63-6000724
Cage Code # (Federal Agreements): 8H404
Data Universal Number System (DUNS-for federal contracts): 066470972
NSF Institutional/Organization Code: 0010090000
Animal Assurance Number: A3152-01 Expiration Date: 08/31/2022
Human Subject: FWA00001104 Expiration Date: 05/14/2024
DHHS-PMS PIN: 0915P
ASAP ID# 0169185
Unique Entity Identified (UEI) - DMQNDJDHTDG4
BUDGET INFORMATION FOR FISCAL YEAR 2022
|Fringe benefit rates for employees*||Facilities & Administrative (F&A) Rates
(DHHS Rate Agreement dated 7/29/2021)
|Modified Total Direct Costs (MTDC)
Total direct costs minus the following:
Full-time - 31%
FY 2022 TES Rate: 16.96%
(AU Travel Policies)
$0.585/mile for personal vehicle use
ATLANTA airport (200 Miles) One Way $58.50 / Round Trip $117.00
BIRMINGHAM airport (230 Miles) One Way $67.28 / Round Trip $134.55
MONTGOMERY airport (124 Miles) One Way $36.27 / Round Trip $72.54
COLUMBUS airport (82 Miles) One Way $23.98 / Round Trip $47.97
Meals for out-of-state travel will be reimbursed for actual expenses up to $34 per day (meals and tips) without receipts or $60/day with itemized receipts
Out-of-state lodging = actual expense
Foreign lodging = actual expenses not to exceed Federal Travel Regulations per diem for the visited city (U.S. Department of State | Home Page)
In-state per diem = $85.00 per day for one night stay; $100 per day for two or more nights stay
In-State trips with no overnight stay $12.75 (6-12 hrs.) and $34.00 (over 12 hrs.)
- Off-campus definition: "For all activities performed in facilities not owned by the institution and to which rent is directly allocated to the project(s), the off-campus rate will apply. Grants or contracts will not be subject to more than one F&A cost rate. If more than 50% of a project is performed off-campus, the off-campus rate will apply to the entire project."
- Research: Systematic study that is undertaken in order to gain a fuller scientific knowledge or understanding of a subject.
- Basic Research: Research for the purpose of gaining a fuller knowledge or understanding of a subject without seeking specific ways to put that knowledge to work in new processes or products.
- Applied Research: Research that seeks knowledge or understanding so that recognized and specific needs might be met.
- Developmental Research: Putting information gained from research to use to create new products or processes.
- Organized Research: All research and development activities of an institution that are separately budgeted and accounted for by project. This includes specific research projects funded by Auburn University as well as extramurally funded projects. Code: OR
- Instruction: Except for research training, instruction includes all teaching and training, whether for credit toward a degree or certificate or on a non–credit basis. Code: IN (IN includes departmental research)
- Other Sponsored Activities: Programs and projects supported by outside sponsors that involve performing work other than Instruction and Organized Research. University Outreach and Cooperative Extension are usually a part of this function. Code: OS
|Cognizant Contract Administration Office
ONR Resident Representative
100 Alabama Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30303-3104
(404) 562-1610 fax
|Cognizant Audit Agency
Darryl W. Mayes, Deputy Director
Division of Cost Allocation
Department of Health & Human Services
330 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20201