Assistant Clinical Professor
Dr. Joy DeBellis joined the Auburn University School of Nursing faculty as an Assistant Clinical Professor in April 2020. She received her BS in Health Promotion from Auburn University in 1998 and worked as a personal trainer and fitness instructor for 9 years. She then received her BSN from Auburn University in 2007 and gained experience as an RN in med-surg, oncology, urology, and cardiology. In 2009, she completed her MSN from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) and has worked as a Family Nurse Practitioner (certified AANP) for the past 11 years. Joy has experience as a CRNP in family health, cardiology, and veteran’s health. Joy completed her DNP in 2019 and began her journey in academia. Joy serves as the vice-president for Sigma Theta Tau International, Theta Delta local chapter, and is a member of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, Alabama Nurses Association, American Holistic Nursing Association, Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, Golden Key Honor Society, and AMSUS. Joy serves on various committees within the AUSON, including the Graduate Curriculum Committee, Wellness Committee, Outreach Committee, and the Alumni Advisory Council. She currently holds a part-time clinical practice at Varicosity Vein Center in Auburn, Alabama.
· Doctor of Nursing Practice - Auburn University - 2019
· Master of Science in Nursing – Family and Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner Program- University of Alabama at Birmingham - 2009
· Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Auburn University - 2007
· Bachelor of Science - Auburn University – 1998
· Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner
· Functional Medicine
· Health Promotion
· Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM)
· Veterans’ Health
· Poster Presentation: DeBellis, J., Ellison, K., McMillan, L., & Duffey, J. (2020). AHNA National Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico, June 1-6. “Insomnia in the Veteran Population: Outcomes of a Wellness Intervention”.
· Poster Presentation: McMillan, L. & DeBellis, J. (2019). AMSUS Annual Meeting, National Harbor, Maryland, December 2-4. “Developing Holistic Interventions for Insomnia Veterans-- Where There's a Will, There's a Way. Pilot Study Results from an Academic-Community Partnership”.
· Poster Presentation: McMillan, L. & DeBellis, J. (2019). Sigma's 30th International Nursing Research Congress, Calgary, AB. July 25-29, 2019. "Improving Health and Achieving Optimal Outcomes for Veterans with Insomnia and Sleep Disturbances."
· Invited Podium Presentation: DeBellis, J. (2020). American Legion Auxiliary Mid-Winter Conference, Huntsville, AL. January 18, 2020. “Insomnia in the Veteran Population: Results from a Sleep Health and Wellness Intervention”.