Auburn University relies on the campus community to make our campus as safe as possible. If you see something, say something!
An individual who is behaving suspiciously is anyone who acts abnormally or who is in a location where they do not belong. Examples include:
- Unusual noises, screaming, sounds of fighting, glass breaking or perceived illegal activity;
- People in and/or around buildings or area who do not appear to be conducting legitimate business;
- Unauthorized people in restricted areas;
- People who follow immediately behind others into card-access areas or buildings while the door is open;
- People who change their behavior when they observe that they have been noticed;
- People dressed inappropriately for the weather or occasion, such as wearing a long coat when the temperature is warm; or
- People abandoning packages or other items in unusual locations, such as a lobby, elevator or other public space.
All members of the university community are encouraged to report suspicious activity.
- DIAL 911 if you are concerned that there is an emergency or immediately dangerous situation.
- If it is not an immediately dangerous situation, you may choose to report the incident to the Auburn Police non-emergency number. If in doubt, err on the side of caution and dial 911.
- Be prepared to provide the following information about the incident to the dispatcher:
- What is the person's last known location and direction of travel?
- What made the person's actions suspicious?
- Did the person say anything? If so, what?
- Did the person appear intoxicated or otherwise impaired?
- Were any weapons displayed or was there a threat of a weapon?
- Also, be prepared to provide information about the person, including:
- Approximate age, height & weight
- Eye and hair color
- Description of facial hair, scars, tattoos or other identifying information
- If the suspicious person is in a vehicle, provide the following, if possible:
- Vehicle make
- License plate number
|Auburn Police Division||Phone: 334-501-3100, opt 1|
|Auburn Police Division
Crime Stoppers Tip Line
(Call or Text)