Information for New Students and Parents
Click to view the AUMC Student Patient Handbook
To holistically meet the health needs of the Auburn University community through essential, desired, efficient and competitively priced services and programs.
The Mission of the Auburn University Medical Clinic is to provide high quality, efficient and convenient health care with compassion, dedication and professionalism. We strive to provide consistent service to our patients, exceeding their expectations at every encounter by being flexible, remaining competitive and focusing on the holistic needs of every patient.
Medical Information Form
All incoming students are required to complete the electronic medical information and immunization form through Clearwave Vactrack. You will receive an email invite to your AUBURN email address. You will create an account with Clearwave and then you will receive an email to activate their account. Once the account is activated, you will receive another email for Vactrack. Login to Vactrack using the same credentials used with Clearwave.
TB skin test OR blood test
Must be recent. No older than 6 months from the first day of class for your expected start semester
- If TB skin test, it has to be read 48-72 hours after given
A chest x-ray is NOT an acceptable alternative
Typically found in the form of MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
2 doses required if received in childhood. 1 dose is acceptable if it was received within the last 5 years.
See below for FAQ regarding the medical information form
Should I start the Medical Form before I come to Auburn University?
- Yes, please start the process of creating an account and completing your Clearwave VacTrak “Medical Form” as soon as possible. All incoming students have received an invitation email with instructions from Clearwave on how to complete.
Does the AU Medical Clinic have the capacity to administer the Tb skin tests?
- Yes. We are prepared to administer a large number of Tb skin tests and have staffed accordingly.
Do you offer Tb Blood tests instead of Tb Skin tests?
- We do offer the T-SPOT.TB blood test at the medical clinic. If you would like a Tb Blood test, please come between 8am and 11am, Monday – Friday. We typically cannot draw this test in the afternoon as it requires expedited shipping to a specialty lab.
- TB skin tests cannot be given on Thursdays, as we are not open over the weekend to read them.
Do I need to receive a new Measles vaccination?
- A new MMR vaccination is only required if you are unable to find documentation of a previous vaccination, you have never received an MMR vaccination, or you cannot prove immunity to Measles via a blood test for antibodies.
I cannot find my invitation email from Clearwave. How do I find it or get another invite?
- First, search for “Clearwave” in your Auburn email account. Most students are able to find the original invite, with instructions, if they search within their email. Please read all the steps to start and complete your Clearwave VacTrak “Medical Form”.
- Second, if you have searched your email and are unable to find an invitation from Clearwave, please call the Auburn University Medical Clinic at 334-844-4436. Please provide your Auburn username to one of the staff members and they will be able to manually generate another invitation.