Frequently Asked Questions

|   Billing   |   Appointments   |   Medical   |    New Students   |   Other   |



 How do I pay for my visit?

We will bill primary and secondary insurance companies when an assignment of benefits is received. You should check with your insurance carrier about the coverage and benefits provided by your specific plan. Referrals, deductibles, non-covered services, co-pays, and any balances not paid by your insurance carrier(s) will be your responsibility.

 Do you accept my insurance?

We have contracts with all the major insurance carriers (BCBS, Aetna, Cigna, Humana, UnitedHealthcare, Tricare Standard, and various other PPO Networks). As a courtesy to you, we will bill all insurance companies with which you have a policy, but we cannot guarantee coverage from any of them.

You should check with your insurance carrier about the coverage and benefits provided by your specific plan. Any deductibles, copays, non-covered services, and balances not paid by your insurance carrier will be your responsibility.

NOTE: We do not have a contract with TRICARE Prime, Medicare, and Medicaid.

 Do you accept Tricare?

Please consult with TRICARE on whether your plan is TRICARE Standard or TRICARE Prime. 

TRICARE Standard is the TRICARE option that provides the most flexibility to TRICARE-eligible beneficiaries. It is the fee-for-service option that allows beneficiaries to see any TRICARE-authorized provider, and we currently are a TRICARE-authorized provider. Please be aware that with TRICARE Standard you will be responsible for any deductibles and co-pays.

With TRICARE Prime, most medical care will come from a Military Treatment Facility, along with the TRICARE contracted civilian medical providers in the Preferred Provider Network. TRICARE Prime members should seek the advice of their Primary Care Manager (PCM) or Military Treatment Facility (MTF) before seeking medical attention from us. Without a referral or pre-authorization to visit the Auburn University Medical Clinic, a patient with TRICARE Prime will be responsible for the entire visit.

More information on your TRICARE plan can be found here:

 Do you accept Medicare/Medicaid?

We are not an approved Medicare/Medicaid provider; therefore, payment for your visit will be your responsibility. We suggest using one of the approved Medicare providers listed here or one of the Medicaid providers listed here.

 What if I cannot pay my bill?

Payment is expected upon provision of service and may be made by cash, check, or card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover). However, in special situations, and with prior approval from our Practice Manager, payment arrangements may be available.

NOTE: We CANNOT charge to a student's Tigeri eBill, but we may place a hold on a student's account with the registrar if no payment or payment arrangement is made.

 Who do I need to speak with if I have questions about my bill?

You can speak with one of our billing specialists at 334-844-6137 during regular business hours.

 What if I have questions about the Auburn University SGA-sponsored health insurance coverage?

You will find information about the SGA-sponsored health insurance policy here.



 How can I make an appointment?

You are encouraged to call 334-844-4416 to speak with one of our care coordinators before coming to our clinic. They will assist you in setting up an appointment at a convenient time with your provider of care to minimize your waiting time. You can also request an appointment online through your FollowMyHealth patient portal.

You may also schedule an appointment online by following the link HERE

If you have any emergency health problems after we are closed, please seek care at the East Alabama Medical Center Emergency Room. 

 Can I make an appointment online?

You can request an appointment online by following the link HERE


You can also request an appointment online through your FollowMyHealth patient portal. Click the link here.

If you would like to request an invitation to the patient portal, please send an email to In your email please include, NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, PHONE NUMBER and EMAIL ADDRESS 

 What do I do when you are closed?

For assistance when the clinic is closed, please use any of the numbers listed below. In case of all emergencies, please call 911.

  • Emergencies: 911
  • East Alabama Medical Center: 334-749-3411
  • Safe Harbor (Sexual Assault): 334-844-SAFE (7233)
  • Suicide Hotline: 800-273-TALK (8255)
  • Poison Control: 800-222-1222



 What services do you offer?

We offer a wide variety of services including primary care, urgent care, lab work, x-rays, minor procedures, women's health, chiropractic care, and more. Check here for more information on what we have to offer.

 Will my visit be confidential?

All medical records and health information are strictly confidential. In accordance with the federal HIPAA laws, information will not be released without authorization from the patient, except by court order. You can read our full Privacy Notice here.

You can find the authorization forms for us to release or request information on your behalf here. In accordance with Alabama laws, we reserve the right to charge the state recommended fees to send copies of records. However, you can always print or send a copy of your records from your personal Patient Portal account.

 Can you take care of most medical problems or do you usually refer patients out?

Our medical staff provides comprehensive health care, similar to that provided at any other primary care or urgent care clinic. Check here to see the services we have to offer. We also collaborate with many specialists around the area and will be happy to help in locating the appropriate specialist should a referral be necessary.

 Can you refill my ADD/ADHD medication?

Yes, but we will first need your testing records from a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist. Once we receive these records and they have been approved, you will then be able to follow-up with one of our clinicians periodically for your refills.

 Do you perform lab work from other physicians?

Yes, you will need to send your physician's order to us or bring it with you when you come in. You can walk-in between 8:00am-5:00pm, no appointment needed. Once we receive your test results, will send them to your ordering physician.

 Can I have a lab test done without a physician's order?

No, all lab work must be by physician’s order.

 How will I receive my lab results?

We will publish your results to your secure patient portal account. If you choose to call for your results, you can request the results from a nurse or clinician.

NOTE: If your lab work was from an outside physician, we CANNOT give you those results. The ordering physician will have those results and will be the one to give them to you.

 Do you have a dentist or optometrist?

No, but we are happy to provide a referral for you.

 Do you provide any nutrition support?

We are happy to refer patients to the nutrition team on campus if needed or requested. Additionally, you can find important nutrition information through Health Promotion and Wellness Services here.

 Where can I learn more about health and wellness options at Auburn University?

We recommend you check out Health Promotion and Wellness Services for additional health and wellness resources at Auburn University. HPWS exists to cultivate a campus atmosphere that supports and respects healthy lifestyle choices for the Auburn family.


 What is the medical information form?

The medical information is a requirement for ALL incoming students. It provides the university with certain medical information including the 2 requirements needed to attend Auburn University. It is completed electronically through Med+Proctor. Click HERE to upload your immunization information to Med+Proctor. 

 What are the requirements for the medical information form?

As a new student, you will need your insurance and billing information plus:

  • Measles Vaccination

    • Typically this is found in the form of a Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) shot.  If these shots were received as a child, then we require both dates.  If you are not able to locate this information, then proof of at least one recent dose is required.  The Auburn University Medical Clinic provides this shot for a fee of $113 that covers the cost and administration of the shot.

  • Tuberculosis Testing

    • Auburn University requires a Tuberculosis Skin Test or Tuberculosis Blood Test from every student in order to attend. The Auburn University Medical Clinic provides both the skin test and the blood test. The skin test is a $30.00 fee, not billed to insurance. The blood test will be filed to your insurance carrier. 

    • NOTE: A chest x-ray is NOT an acceptable alternative to the TB skin/blood test and will be rejected.

 When is the medical information form due?

It is due as soon as possible. The TB test cannot be past 6 months old from the first day of class. A hold will be placed on the student's account preventing registering for classes and/or changing schedules until the form is completed.

 Should I start the medical form before I come to Auburn?

Yes, please start the process of creating an account and completing your Med+Proctor “Medical Form.” Click HERE to create your account. 

How do I create my Med+Proctor account? 
  • First, click the link HERE to take you to the Med+Proctor site. 

  • Second, follow the instructions provided by Med+Proctor. If you have any questions, concerns, or issues, please call our office at 334-844-4416. 


 How can I have my medical records released?

In order for AUMC to release any health records, you must fill out the Authorization to Release Information form that can be accessed here. The form must be signed by a witness and returned to the Auburn University Medical Clinic.

 Can you give me a class excuse?

While the Auburn University Medical Clinic will write excuses for illness, you must be seen by one of our healthcare providers to be eligible for a class excuse. Even so, an excuse is not guaranteed; it will be at the discretion of the clinician whether an excuse is warranted. Please refer to the Auburn University Policy on Class Attendance for further information here.

 How do I communicate a comment, complaint, suggestion, or concern to the staff?

We continuously strive to maintain a high level of quality care delivered in a modern, patient-friendly environment. This is why we perform ongoing quality studies to ensure we are objectively meeting certain standards. At the end of each visit, you will be asked to complete a Patient Satisfaction Survey, and we encourage your feedback every time you use our services. We view your feedback as a testament to our efforts and as an opportunity for improvement. You may also contact Tracy Shackett at any time with comments or concerns.

 Who may use the Medical Clinic?

In addition to serving the student population, we also provide health care services for faculty, staff, administrators, citizens from the surrounding community, and visitors to the area.

 Where are you located?

We are located at 400 Lem Morrison Drive on Auburn’s campus, right across the street from the South Quad parking deck on the corner of Lem Morrison Drive and Duncan Drive. The clinic is accessible on the Tiger Transit bus system via the Central-East Campus line. There is also parking at the clinic for PATIENTS ONLY.

 How do I get parking accommodations? 

The Auburn University Medical Clinic no longer handles medical parking accommodations. You may contact the Office of Accessibility at to inquire about parking accommodations. 

 Can I do an internship or job shadowing at AUMC?

We welcome Auburn students looking for involvement in the health care field, and we aim to provide a valuable experience for our students. However, space and opportunities are very limited so we recommend you speak with your advisor to coordinate what options may be available to you.


If you have any questions not addressed on our site, please feel free to email us.