Mentoring/Scholarship Opportunity for Students with Disabilities in STEM
The NSF INCLUDES Alliance: The Alliance for Students with Disabilities for Inclusion, Networking, and Transition Opportunities in STEM (TAPDINTO-STEM) is a collaborative research project funded by the National Science Foundation with the goal of increasing the quantity of students with disabilities receiving associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
Students are invited to apply for the following programs:
Bridge to Baccalaureate Program: This program is for freshmen and sophomores who plan to obtain a bachelor's degree in STEM disciplines. The goal for students in this bridge is to transition into the Bridge to Post-Baccalaureate Program. Participants in the Bridge to Baccalaureate program will each receive a $500 stipend per semester for 4 semesters.
Bridge to Post-Baccalaureate Program: This program is for juniors and seniors who are pursuing a bachelor's degree in STEM disciplines. The goal for students in this bridge is to transition into Graduate School or the STEM workforce. Participants in the Bridge to Post-Baccalaureate program will each receive a $500 stipend per semester for 4 semesters.
Program Benefits: In addition to the financial stipends, participants will receive the benefits of the following program components:
- Peer mentoring
- Opportunities for internships
- Annual research conference and graduate school fair
- Preparation for the Graduate Research Examination (GRE)
- Group meetings with faculty and guest speakers focusing on topics such as time management, study skills, course selection, internships, research opportunities, etc.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible for the Bridge programs, an applicant must:
- Be a student enrolled at one of the TAPDINTO-STEM partner institutions
- Pursue an associate, undergraduate, or graduate degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- Be a U.S. Citizen, a national, or a lawfully admitted permanent resident alien with a documented qualifying condition (see application for types of conditions)
- Have a minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
Maintaining Eligibility Requirements: Bridge participants must:
- Be a full-time student maintaining a 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Complete at least two hours of traditional and online mentoring activities per week
- Participate in enrichment activities such as time management, study skills, and tutoring workshops and professional or association meetings
- Continue to pursue a degree in a STEM discipline
Application: A complete application package consists of the following:
- Completed application form
- Verification of Disability (provided through the Office of Accessibility)
If you need more information, please send an email to email@example.com.