Auburn University is carefully monitoring the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic and taking bold and swift actions to flatten the curve of the rate of infection while maintaining central services to support education and critical research.
Risk Management and Safety’s response is based on the guidance of Auburn experts and of local, state, and federal officials, and follows key principles:
- RMS’s actions will be guided by considerations for health and safety of faculty, staff, students, and neighbors.
- Guidance about health and safety made by RMS in the context of COVID-19 will be evidence-based and data-driven to the extent possible.
Please see our information below as well as the University’s COVID-19 Information Page for more information.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact 334-844-4870 or firstname.lastname@example.org so we may get a message to the appropriate RMS staff member to address your needs.
Current Status of Risk Management and Safety (RMS)
RMS will continue to provide our critical services as needed for the university community. This includes 24/7 emergency response services and other services as needed to serve our research, student life and others in the community. Our building is currently locked per University Alternate Operation guidance, so we ask individuals to contact us prior to coming to our office.
- Re-Entry to Campus Safety Guidelines and Resources
- COVID-19 Safety Awareness Course
- Cloth Face Covering Resources
- General Cloth Face Covering FAQs
- N95 Respirator Resources
- N95 Voluntary Use Guidance
- N95 Voluntary Use Authorization Form
- COVID-19 Risk Assessment Template
- COVID-19 Departmental Work Plan Template
- Ethanol and Isopropyl Alcohol FAQs
- Interim Domestic Travel by Vehicle Guidelines for Faculty, Staff, and Students
- Proper and Effective Handwashing
- Protective Supply Order Form (Procurement and Business Services)
- Preventing Heat Related Illnesses
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- COVID-19 Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance
- Alcohol Based Hand Sanitizer Guidance
- Cleaning Lab Equipment for the Control and Spread of COVID-19 (ppt)
- Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance for Laboratories and Research Facilities
- COVID-19 Lab Cleaning Log
- Human Research COVID-19 Precautions
- IBC Guidelines for COVID-19 Research
- Continuity Guidance for Laboratories and Research Facilities
- Face Coverings, Surgical Masks, and Respirators in a Lab
- A HEALTHIER U
- Stay Safe Together (Auburn Health Check)
- Auburn University COVID-19 Information (Office of Communications and Marketing)
- Auburn University Medical Clinic
- Campus Recreation
- Human Resources
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Harrison School of Pharmacy
- Facilities Management
- Provost’s Office
- Housing and Residents Life (Move-In Plan)
- CDC Cleaning and Disinfection Decision Tool
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions
- World Health Organization Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak