BSN in Nursing, MSN preferred
Clinical expertise in desired area of clinical instruction
Active RN license in the state of practice
Under the general direction of the School of Nursing Dean, Associate Dean, and Course Leader, the Clinical Associate facilitates application of theory to patient care situations in the clinical environment
- Attend Clinical Associate Orientation and associated meetings.
- Supervise and teach students in the assigned clinical areas, encourage critical thinking and problem solving.
- Evaluate student paperwork and provide written/verbal feedback in a timely manner as designated by course faculty.
- Complete Formative evaluations of each student on a weekly basis.
- Complete Summative evaluations of each student at the end of the clinical rotation.
- Uphold AUSON and AU policies included in the student handbook.
- Promote positive relationships with clinical facilities.
- Adhere to and uphold all clinical agency policies and procedures.
- Role model professional behaviors.
- Maintain ongoing communication with course leader, clinical facility staff, and students.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise in the area of clinical instruction.
- Attend Faculty Council meeting as a non-voting member if desired.