Caralise W. Hunt
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and St. Francis-Emory Healthcare Professor
Dr. Caralise Hunt has over twenty years of nursing experience including medical-surgical and maternal-child nursing. Dr. Hunt joined the Auburn University faculty in 2000 as a clinical associate. She became a full-time nursing instructor for Auburn in 2005 and began an appointment as Assistant Clinical Professor in 2007. After completing a doctorate in 2011, she entered a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor. Dr. Hunt teaches primarily in the junior level nursing courses including fundamentals, health assessment, and adult health nursing. Dr. Hunt is a certified medical-surgical nurse by the Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses. Her primary area of research is self-management of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Dr. Hunt serves on the research committee and as chair of the curriculum committee in the school of nursing. She also serves on university committees including faculty research, library, and curriculum committee. Dr. Hunt is the Director of the RN to BSN program which is set to launch in 2017. She is a professional member of the American Diabetes Association, member of the Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses and President of the Theta Delta chapter of Sigma Theta Tau.
Contact email@example.com (334) 844 - 6763
- Doctor of Philosophy - University of Alabama at Birmingham - 2011
- Master of Science in Nursing - Troy University - 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Auburn University - 1991
- Diabetes, Technology and Diabetes Self-Management
- Nursing Education
- Adult Health
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Diabetes Self-Management
- Graduate Nursing
- Undergraduate Nursing
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Evidence Based Practice
- Adult Health Nursing
- Auburn University Intramural Grant Program, Interdisciplinary Team Research Grant Health Status and Health Behavior Congruity between Partners in Couples with Type 2 Diabetes: An interdependence and socioecolog $23,133.00 Joshua Novak, Andrew Fruge', Danielle Wadsworth & Caralise Hunt
- Auburn University Office of Academic Assessment, imProve grant Assessment and Improvement of Clinical Judgment in Nursing $9,000.00 Meghan Jones, Caralise Hunt & Kelley Noll
- Auburn University Intramural Grant Program Using Technology to Provide Diabetes Self-management Education $9,000.00 Caralise Hunt
- Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses Cecelia Gaston Grindel Research Grant Support for Diabetes Self-management Using Apple® iPad® Technology $5,000.00 Caralise Hunt
- Ekong, G., Chou, C., Lakin, J., Hardin, A., Fox, B., Hunt, C.W. & Kavookjian, J. (2020) Pharmacist-led motivational interviewing for diabetes medication adherence in a worksite wellness program Journal of the American Pharmacists Association DOI:
- Hunt, C.W. & Yordy, M. (2020) Alternate teaching strategy for home health clinical experiences Nurse Education in Practice DOI: 10.1016/j.nep
- Hunt, C.W. & Yordy, M. (2020) Opening the door to an alternative teaching strategy for home health clinical Journal of Nursing Education DOI: 10.3928/01484
- McMillan, L., Johnson, T., Parker, F., Hunt, C.W. & Boyd, D.E. (2020) Improving student outcomes through a collaborative higher education partnership International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education DOI: 18129129
- Hunt, C.W., Henderson, K. & Chapman, R. (2018) Using Technology to Provide Diabetes Education for Rural Communities Online Journal of Rural Nursing and Health Care DOI:
- Hunt, C.W., Kavookjian, J. & Ekong, G. (2017) Participant Explanations for Non-completion of a Diabetes Self-management Education Program Annals of Nursing Research & Practice DOI:
- Hunt, C.W., Pope, W.S. & K., E. (2016) Animal assisted therapy for elderly residents of a skilled nursing facility Journal of Nursing Education and Practice DOI: 19254059
- Hunt, C.W., Curtis, A. & Gore, T. (2015) Using Simulation to Promote Professional Development of Clinical Instructors Journal of Nursing Education DOI:
- Hunt, C.W. (2015) Technology and diabetes self-management: An integrative review World Journal of Diabetes DOI: 19489358
- Hunt, C.W., Sanderson, B.K. & Ellison, K.J. (2014) Support for Diabetes Using Technology: A Pilot Study to Improve Self-Management Medsurg Nursing DOI:
- Hunt, C.W., Grant, J.S. & Steadman, L. (2014) Common Caregiver Issues and Nursing Interventions After a Stroke Stroke DOI:
- Hunt, C.W., Grant, J.S., Palmer, J.J. & Steadman, L. (2014) Facilitators of Diabetes Self-Management Among Rural Individuals Home Healthcare Now DOI:
- Jones, M., Noll, K. & Hunt, C.W. (2021, August). Exploring Clinical Judgment Across a Curriculum Podium session presented at Nuts and Bolts for Nurse Educators, Minneapolis, MN, .
- Hohmann, N., Qian, J., Westrick, S., Hunt, C.W., Hincapie, A. & Garza, K. (2020, July). Older Adults’ Preferences for Features of Community-based Fall Prevention Programs: A Discrete Choice Experiment Poster session presented at American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, Longbeach, California.
- Hohmann, N., Qian, J., Westrick, S., Hunt, C.W., Hincapie, A. & Garza, K. (2020, March). Older adults’ perceived barriers to participating in community-based fall prevention programs Poster session presented at American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, National Harbor, Maryland.
- Hohmann, N., Qian, J., Westrick, S., Hunt, C.W., Hincapie, A. & Garza, K. (2019, July). Interviews to assess older adults’ preferences for features of community-based fall prevention programs Poster session presented at 20th Annual Meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy , Chicago, Illinois.
- Hohmann, N., Qian, J., Westrick, S., Hunt, C.W., Hincapie, A. & Garza, K. (2019, March). Patient Preferences for Community-based Fall Prevention Programs: Systematic Literature Review & Qualitative Meta-Synthesis Podium session presented at American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington.
- Yordy, M., Hunt, C.W. & Jones, M. (2018, September). Opening the Door to Alternative Teaching Strategies for Home Health Clinical Experiences Podium session presented at National League for Nursing Education Summit 2018, Chicago, Illinois.
- Peterson, M. & Hunt, C.W. (2017, November). Engaging Students in Evidence-based Practice: Active Learning Poster session presented at American Association of Colleges of Nursing Baccalaureate Education Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Hunt, C.W. & Henderson, K. (2017, August). Using Technology to Provide Diabetes Self-management Education Poster session presented at American Association of Diabetes Educators Annual Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Hunt, C.W. & Henderson, K. (2017, June). Using Technology to Provide Diabetes Self-management Education Poster session presented at American Diabetes Association Annual Scientific Sessions, San Diego, California.
- Hunt, C.W. (2016, August). Diabetes Self-management Education Attrition Poster session presented at San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA.
- Hunt, C.W. (2016, April). Decreasing Pain…One Song at a Time Poster session presented at Eastmont Baptist Church, Montgomery, AL.
- Hunt, C.W. (2015, September). Preparing Clinical Instructors through Simulation Podium session presented at Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV.
- Hunt, C.W. (2014, October). Fostering Positive Attitudes in Nursing Students towards Working with Elders Poster session presented at No Venue Provided, Murfreesboro, TN.
- Hunt, C.W. (2014, September). Support for Diabetes Self-Management Using Apple iPad Technology Podium session presented at Hilton Orlando, Orlando, FL.
- Hunt, C.W. (2014, July). Animal Assisted Therapy versus Human Interaction in the Improvement of Social Outcomes in Older Adults with Dementia Podium session presented at University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria.
- Hunt, C.W. (2014, April). Technology and Diabetes Self-management Poster session presented at Auburn University, Auburn, AL.