Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do first?
Go to the School of Nursing website, choose MSN and click on admission check list for step by step instructions.
What computer skills are required for students in the program?
Students enrolled in MSN coursework must possess the computer skills required to complete the following technology tasks:
- Launch and operate a web browser, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari.
- Bookmark frequently used web pages.
- Download and upload files.
- Download and/or install software applications.
- Operate a USB headphone and microphone.
- Save files to hard drive or portable flash memory.
- Access email account, send and receive emails and attachments
- Create and save Word documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct online research using available databases and search engines, evaluate the
credibility of online information, and correctly cite sources.
Am I required to take GRE or MAT?
The School of Nursing does not require either of these tests.
Can you work full-time and go to school full-time?
Many of our students are able to continue to work during most courses in the graduate program. However, the clinical hours required for practicum courses does make it difficult to work during the weekdays.
Will I need to be on campus during the program?
Yes, students may be required to be on campus 1-2 times each semester.
Do I need years of clinical experience before I can apply?
No, you may start graduate level classes right after you earn your BSN degree.