SHOWCASE 2018: The Work of Creative Scholarship
This is Research SHOWCASE: Creative Scholarship Committee
Fereshteh Rostampour CLA, Theatre Department
CLA, Production Coordinator
Application window: February 12 - April 2, 2018
September 29 - October 11, 2018
WHAT IS SHOWCASE?
Showcase is a feast for all of the senses and celebrates the very best creative work of Auburn faculty and students in the fields of fine art, applied art and design, performing arts, creative writing and other related disciplines. A panel of Judges will be appointed to select 60 creative work for exhibition at the Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art (JCSM). The remaining entries will be included in our digital gallery hosted on this website. SHOWCASE is open to all and we encourage everyone to forward their work for consideration by the selection jury. This year we are collaborating with The Alabama Bicentennial Commission, which is a great opportunity for the exhibitors to gain a statewide recognition. We will work with exhibitors to make equipment available for live performances, videos, readings and other creative work. The selected work for the SHOWCASE will be included in a show catalogue. JCSM curatorial staff will determine the design and install the exhibition at JCSM. Live performances will be scheduled in the JCSM Auditorium and the grand gallery on Thursdays and Sunday afternoons during the two weeks of the exhibition. Exhibition space at Jule Collins Smith Museum of Fine Art will be secure, and work displayed will be covered by an AU insurance policy through Risk Management. If you have any questions about the submission of entries to Showcase, please contact Fereshteh Rostampour – CLA, Theatre Department email@example.com.
WHO MAY ENTER?
Showcase is open to the following people whose work falls in the areas of fine art, applied art and design, performing arts, creative writing and related disciplines:
- Faculty: full-time and part time instructors, tenured or tenure-track faculty of Auburn University or Auburn University Montgomery at the time of entry.
- Graduate students: currently enrolled or graduated from Auburn University after January 1, 2017.
- Undergraduate students: currently enrolled at Auburn University or graduated from Auburn University after January 1, 2017.
- Guest Artists/lecturers: who taught classes, workshops, designed, and performed at Auburn University between Sep 2014 and Sep 2018.
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED IN:
- Fine Arts: Creative work and research addressing the creation, performance, production and dissemination of artistically driven visual art, media arts (film, video, new media and audio), theatre (set design, costume design, lighting and sound, etc.), dance, music, and literary art (poetry, novels, short stories, feature stories, screenplays, plays, etc.). There will be accommodations for readings by authors at the Showcase, as well as the means to incorporate videos, recordings etc.
- Applied Arts & Design: architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, industrial design, graphic design, interior design, apparel design, textile design (drawings, sketches, models, to scale or full-scale prototypes, posters, books, visual representations of pedagogical and research material, videos, photography, digital media, etc.)
- Other: well-documented and compelling works of creative scholarship that do not fit comfortably into any of the above categories. Add space below this line
- Student Exhibitor Application and instructions
- Faculty / Staff Exhibitor Application and instructions
- Student Performance Application and instructions
- Faculty / Staff Performance Application and instructions
We will be honoring best students’ creative work with Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards at SHOWCASE 2018. There will also be honorary awards for faculty & students, dedicated to outstanding achievement and emerging talent.
SHOWCASE 2018 will produce a printed volume, which will feature a wide cross-section of exhibited work from the event. An online version of this catalogue will also be hosted on this website.
In April 2018, a panel of judges will select the final 60 exhibitors to take part as finalists in the SHOWCASE 2018 Exhibition. Finalists will be informed in May 2018. Please Note: Registration for This is Research 2018 is required for all faculty, instructors, graduate and undergraduate students.