Admission Criteria for the Auburn University DNP Program
Potential students must meet all the criteria listed in the current Auburn University Graduate School bulletin (http://bulletin.auburn.edu). Students may be admitted under two classifications, approved and provisional/conditional. Approved admissions meet all the criteria listed for the Graduate School and any additional criteria of the department, school or college. Provisional/conditional admission may be granted for students who do not meet certain requirements for admission. Students admitted on a provisional/conditional basis will be fully admitted to the graduate program only when all conditions for admission have been met. Students admitted provisionally/conditionally who fail to satisfy all conditions for admission within the allotted time period will be dismissed from the graduate program.
Admission to the program is competitive and enrollment is limited. Only applications meeting the application deadlines will be considered for either category of admission.
Application deadlines are as follows:
Summer Semester - March 1st (full-time Admission)
- A master of science degree in nursing from an accredited college or university
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States
- National certification and recognition or licensure as a Nurse Practitioner in the state in which student practices
- Nursing GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in Masters Program
- Three professional references (online form)
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
- Professional goal statement - 500 words
- Submission of all official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) - BSN & MSN in Nursing
- Good academic standing from the last University attended
School of Nursing Specific Admission information
- Students who meet all criteria for approved admission (packet completed and meet above criteria) will be considered for admission.
- If applicant is currently a student in a MSN program (at time of application), the applicant must submit a request for waiver of the MSN and NP Certification admission requirements to the Graduate Program Director. If waiver is approved, the applicant must complete the MSN in good standing prior to enrollment and must obtain the NP Certification during the first semester of study. These students will be admitted as provisional/conditional until the NP Certification is obtained. An official transcript indicating completion of the MSN must be submitted directly to the Graduate School and documentation of NP Certification must be submitted to AUSON in order to remove the provisional/conditional status. If a waiver is obtained, these applicants will be considered based on their GPA on their current transcript.
- Students may be interviewed by the Graduate Admission, Progression, and Graduation (APG) Committee and other faculty and/or community members.
- Students must complete the letter of intent form and required materials by the date indicated on the offer at admission or their seat may be given to another applicant.
- Students are required to provide credentialing documents including a background check and drug screen. All credentialing materials required by Auburn University and the School of Nursing must be completed by the deadline indicated.
- To progress through the program, all AUSON graduate students must receive a grade of at least a B in all courses. Students earning any two course grades of less than a B will be dismissed from the graduate program.
For additional information or to discuss any specific aspect of the program or admission requirements contact:
Barbara Wilder, PhD, CRNP
Wells Fargo Endowed Professor
Graduate Program Director