Francine M Parker
Betty McClendon Fuller Professor
Francine Parker earned a BSN from Troy University Montgomery in 1979 and a MSN from the University of Alabama in Birmingham in 1988. Her doctorate in the department of Educational Foundations, Leadership and Technology at Auburn University was awarded in 2004. Dr. Parker has served in a nursing faculty role for over 20 years, twice receiving the Irma Moore Faculty Excellence award as well as earning the designation of Distinguished Teaching Fellow in her tenure at Auburn Montgomery. Since transferring to Auburn University in 2006, Dr. Parker has been selected the SGA Outstanding Nursing Faculty twice, 2008 & 2009. Dr. Parker teaches nursing leadership and professional concepts to senior students and a graduate course in health promotion and quality. Dr. Parker’s scholarly activities have included interdisciplinary research with a colleague in interior design exploring nurse work station configuration and the impact on stress and job satisfaction and MSN graduate students’ process of change in knowledge and attitudes using Mezirow’s Transformative Adult Learning Theory. Interdisciplinary research with landscape design in the School of Architecture was funded to increase environmental parameters and activity with residents of the Auburn Housing Authority and surrounding neighborhoods. The variables of nurse moral distress and job satisfaction were the subject of research exploring their relationship to an ethical work environment. Dr. Parker has participated 10 years as a panelist with the Alabama Department of Public Health Informal Dispute Resolution program. The successful program was designed to offer long-term care facilities an opportunity to address deficiencies noted by survey teams or through a complaint. January 2012, Dr. Parker was appointed by Governor Robert Bentley to a four year term on the Alabama Board of Nursing (ABON). The ABON regulates nursing practice with a primary purpose of protecting and safeguarding the public.
Contact email@example.com (334) 844 - 6759
- Doctor of Education - Auburn University - 2004
- Master of Science in Nursing - University of Alabama at Birmingham - 1988
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Troy University - 1979
- Registered Nurse
- Professional Development, Legal
- Health Promotion
- Leadership and Management
- Professional Development
- Health Promotion
- Francine M. Parker, F. Parker & R. Lazenby (2014) Determining the effects of past negative experiences involving patient care Online Journal of Health Ethics DOI: 15514218
- Francine M. Parker & L. McMillan (2014) Decisions, Decisions! E-portfolio as an effective hiring assessment tool Nursing Management DOI: 13652834
- Francine M. Parker, R. Lazenby & J. Brown (2014) The relationship of moral distress, ethical environment and nurse job satisfaction Online Journal of Health Ethics DOI: 15514218
- Francine M. Parker, S. Eisen & J. Brown (2012) Comparing centralized vs. decentralized nursing unit design as a determinant of stress and job satisfaction Journal of Nursing Education and Practice DOI: 19254040
- Francine M. Parker & D. R. Faulk (2012) Leadership and management; public policy, and legal & ethical issues Transformative Learning in Nursing DOI: 9780826108685
- Francine M. Parker & B. Sanderson (2012) Diverse workforce: Opportunities and Challenges Management and leadership for nurse administrators DOI: 9781449651718
- Francine M. Parker, R. Lazenby & J. Bell (2011) Mission possible CD ROM: Instructional tool for preceptors Nurse Education Today DOI: 02606917
- Francine M. Parker (2014, July). Flipping a Capstone Portfolio Assignment: Binder to Electronic Podium session presented at Nurse Educator Conference in the Rockies, Breckenridge, CO.
- Francine M. Parker (2014, April). Environmental Parameters in Auburn Housing Authority Podium session presented at AU Research Week 2013, Auburn, AL.
- Francine M. Parker (2013, September). Social Networking and Professionalism: Click with Caution Podium session presented at Alabama State Nurses Association Centennial Convention, Montgomery, AL.
- Francine M. Parker (2013, July). Transitioning from an Assignment to an Effective ePortfolio Podium session presented at AAEEBL Annual ePortfolio Conference, Boston, MA.
- Francine M. Parker (2013, July). Mentoring and Difference: What we can Learn from Students who are not Like Us Podium session presented at AAEEBL Annual ePortfolio Conference, Boston, MA.
- Francine M. Parker (2013, March). Ethical Environment as a Determinant of Nurse Moral Distress and Job Satisfaction Podium session presented at Southerrn Nursing Research Society, Little Rock, Arkansas.