Libba Reed Mcmillan
Dr. McMillan has been at Auburn University College of Nursing since 2009. She brings diverse nursing experience and expertise across the lifespan to include critical care, junior-senior high school nursing, maternal-child, cardiovascular rehabilitation, medical-surgical, training and development, and emergency nursing. Dr. McMillan serves on the promotion and tenure committee, the Master’s evaluation committee, and Chairs the evaluation committee in the College of Nursing. Dr. McMillan has represented the graduate school as an external reader and committee member for numerous inter-disciplinary dissertations. She also serves on university committees including faculty grievance and academic appeals. Dr. McMillan serves in the role of leader for Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) site-visits and as a site-visit team member for the Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH). She is a member of the Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association and Sigma Theta Tau International.
Contact email@example.com (334) 844 - 5973
- Doctor of Philosophy - Auburn University - 2007
- Bachelor of Science - University of Maryland - Baltimore - 1993
- Master of Science in Nursing - University of Texas at Austin - 1986
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Auburn University - 1983
- Registered Nurse
- Program Evaluation, Military/Veteran Health
- Libba R. Mcmillan, D. Crumbley, J. Freeman, M. Rhodes, M. Kane & J. Napper (2017) Caring for the Veteran, military and family member nursing competencies: Strategies for integrating content into nursing school curricula Journal of Professional Nursing DOI: 87557223
- Libba R. Mcmillan, L. Theurer, R. Bashshur, J. Bernard, T. Brewer, J. Busch, D. Caruso, B. Coccaro-Word, C. Leenknecht, T. Pham, J. Saffle & E. Krupinski (2017) American Telemedicine Association Guidelines for Teleburn Telemedicine and e-Health DOI: 15563669
- Libba R. Mcmillan, E. Burrus, L. Willis & A. Grabowsky (2016) Facilitating Interdisciplinary Competence: Collaboration between Undergraduate Baccalaureate Nursing Students and Graduate Students Specializing in Communication Disorders International Journal of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education DOI: 18129129
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2014) “I feel like you get it”: When a Classroom Assignment Makes a Difference to a Wounded Warrior’s Wife Patient Education and Counseling DOI: 07383991
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2017, January). Partnership to Integrate Regional and Disciplinary Accreditation Efforts Podium session presented at Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Annual Meeting, Dallas, Texas.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2017, January). Integration of End of Life Care of Military Members and Veterans into a Baccalaureate Nursing Concepts Course Podium session presented at 7th International Geriatrics Gerontology and Palliative Nursing Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2016, January). Perceived Information Literacy Competency of Baccalaureate Nursing Students. Podium session presented at International Society of Experiential Teaching and Learning Annual Conference, Salt Lake City, UT.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2016, January). Nursing Care of Rural Military Veterans: Building Partnerships Focused on Understanding the Veteran Experience Poster session presented at Auburn University Research Day, Auburn, AL.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2016, January). Integrating Program Assessment and Accreditation Expectations Panel Podium session presented at Auburn, Auburn, AL.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2016, January). Nursing Care of Rural Military Veterans: Building Partnerships Focused on Understanding the Veteran Experience Podium session presented at International Rural Nurses Conference, Rapid City, S.D..
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2015, January). Care of the Wounded Warrior, Veteran, and family member Podium session presented at QSEN Forum, San Diego, CA.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2015, January). Project SERVE: Partnering to Create Nursing Competencies for Care of Veterans and Their Families Poster session presented at AMSUS: The Society for Federal Health Professionals Annual Meeting, San Antonio, TX.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2015, January). Developing Nursing Care of the Wounded Warrior Competencies: Using Evidence to Inform Practice Podium session presented at Sigma Theta Tau International's 26th International Nursing Research Congress, San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2014, January). Project SERVE: Students Education Related to the Veteran Experience Poster session presented at AMSUS: The Society for Federal Health Professionals Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C..
- Libba R. Mcmillan (2013, January). It’s an honor to serve those who have served honorably Podium session presented at 42nd Sigma Theta Tau International Biennial Convention, Indianapolis, Indiana.