Assistant Clinical Professor
Dr. Tiffani Chidume joined the faculty at Auburn University as an Assistant Clinical Professor in 2018. She has 20 years of combined experience in nursing education, critical care, emergency nursing, long-term healthcare, and health information technology. She worked in the ICU at East Alabama Medical Center for over a decade, where she was also certified as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN). Within the school of nursing, she serves on the Simulation, Technology, and Diversity and Inclusion committees. Tiffani additionally serves as an Editor-in-Chief of Nurse critical care and rhythms for StatPearls, an Online learning management systems and publisher of peer-reviewed ebooks. In January 2021, Tiffani earned the Best Research Award in Nursing and Health Professions from the International Research Awards on New Science Inventions (NESIN 2020 Awards). Non-Journaled Published Works: Paganotti L, Chidume T. (2020). Translational Science in Medical Simulation. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island, FL: StatPearls Publishing. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560752/ Hillier M, Williams, T. Chidume T. (2020). Standardization of Standardized Patient Training in Medical Simulation. StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island, FL: StatPearls Publishing. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK560864/?report=classic Chidume, T., Lynn, D. (2020). Editor-in-Chief. Nurse-Critical Care/Rhythms. St. Petersburg FL, StatPearls Publishing, LLC. ASIN: B07BTFRVTF Professional Organizations: American Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) American Nurses’ Association (ANA) Alabama State Nurses’ Association (ASNA) Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning (INACSL) National League for Nursing (NLN) Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society in Nursing Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (334) 844 - 6703
- Doctor of Nursing Practice - University of Alabama at Huntsville - 2020
- Master of Science in Nursing - Troy University - 2013
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - University of Alabama at Huntsville - 2001
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Operation Specialist
- Critical Care Registered Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Simulation, Interprofessional Collaboration and Education, Active Learning, Emergency and Critical Care Nursing, Health Disparities among Underserved Populations, Fall Prevention/Safety in Older Adult
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Active Learning
- Interprofessional Education
- Patient Safety and Quality
- Nursing Informatics
- Simulation in Nursing Education
- Clinical Prevention and Population Health
- Peer Mentoring
- Clinical Simulation
- Clinical Skills
- Critical Care
- Biggio Center: Student Learning through Immersive Virtual Experiences Making Virtual Reality a Reality for Auburn University School of Nursing and Collaboratives $35,000.00 Tiffani Chidume, Karol Renfroe & Leora Wright
- High-Impact Innovation Grant Increasing Technology Usage in Simulation $6,400.00 Meghan Jones, Amy Curtis, David Crumbley, Tiffani Chidume & Leora Wright
- Internal a Mixed Methods Study to Examine the Impact of Structured, Reflective Prebriefing Activities on Students' Performances Reflective Prebriefing Activities on Students' Performances of Skills and Confidence $1,000.00 Sarah Watts, Amy Curtis, Katilya Ware, Tiffani Chidume & Meghan Jones
- Chidume, T.L. (2021) Promoting older adult fall prevention education and awareness in a community setting: A nurse-led intervention Applied Nursing Research DOI:
- Chidume, T.L., Jones, M., Lambert, A. & Yordy, M. (2020) Preparing students for difficult conversations with patients and families Clinical Simulation in Nursing DOI:
- Chidume, T.L. & Pass-Ivy, S. (2020) Student-novice nurse preparation: Addressing barriers in discharge teaching Nursing Education Perspectives DOI: 15365026
- Chidume, T.L., Stolldorf, D.P., Dietrich, M.S., McIntosh, M. & Maxwell, C.A. (2018) Nurse-initiated mobilization practices in 2 community intensive care units: A pilot study Dimensions of Critical Care Nursing DOI: 07304625
- Chidume, T. (2021, June). Virtual Telecommunication End-of-Life Simulation: More Effective than Face-to-Face Podium session presented at International Nursing Association for Clinical Simulation and Learning, Virtual, .
- Chidume, T.L. (2021, April). Promoting Older Adult Fall Prevention Education and Awareness in a Community Setting: A Nurse-Led Intervention Poster session presented at ASNA's FACES 2021, Auburn, AL.
- Chidume, T.L. (2021, February). Promoting Older Adult Fall Prevention Education and Awareness in a Community Setting: A Nurse-Led Intervention Podium session presented at VCOM Research Symposium, Auburn, AL.
- Chidume, T.L. (2021, January). Promoting Older Adult Fall Prevention Education and Awareness in a Community Setting: A Nurse-Led Intervention Poster session presented at Auburn University Virtual Faculty Research Symposium, AUBURN, Alabama.
- Chidume, T.L. & Curtis, A. (2021, January). Transitioning Classroom, Skills, and Simulation Learning During COVID-19-Virtual Webinar Presentation Podium session presented at Healthy Simulation , , .
- Chidume, T.L. (2020, November). Transitioning Classroom, Skills, and Simulation Learning During COVID-19-Virtual Presentation Podium session presented at Global Virtual Conference on Nursing Science, , .
- Chidume, T.L. (2020, November). Impact of a nurse-led implementation of a fall prevention toolkit for older adults in a mobile IPE community clinic Poster session presented at Sigma Meeting-Faculty Research Presentations, AUBURN, Alabama.
- Chidume, T.L. (2020, June). We Are AUSIM Podium session presented at Biggio Center Course ReDesign Tech Hour Presentation, AUBURN, Alabama.
- Chidume, T.L. (2020, June). 10 Video-Conferencing Tips for Everyone Poster session presented at APSE Women in Leadership Symposium, , .