COVID-19 testing is now done inside the clinic
Below you will find some frequently asked questions about COVID-19 and our clinic:
The Auburn University Medical Clinic has taken precautions to ensure that our clinic is safe for all patients.
- Cleaning and disinfecting. All areas and surfaces are cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day. Our building is also thoroughly cleaned and disinfected every night.
- Personal Protective Equipment. All staff members that have contact with patients are required to wear at a minimum a face mask. We are following the CDC Guidelines on this requirement. ALL PATIENTS ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR A MASK WHILE THEY ARE IN THE BUILDING.
- Social Distancing. All patients must practice social distancing while in our clinic, and sit at least 6 feet apart from other patients in the waiting room. Kiosk usage is staggered to guarantee social distancing during check-in.
- Staff Monitoring. Staff members' temperatures and symptoms are monitored daily. If a staff member presents with any COVID-19 symptoms they are tested and sent home immediately.
- No Visitors. We are not allowing people to accompany patients to their visits in our office.
Yes. We are testing symptomatic and asymptomatic patients. If you are having symptoms, have had known exposure but do not have symptoms, or need a test to return to work or to visit family you can call 334-844-9825 to answer a series of questions and setup an appointment.
Our COVID testing is done Monday-Friday inside the clinic.
NOTE: We are not a testing site for the GuideSafe™, a statewide initiative led by the University of Alabama at Birmingham. Please visit AHealthierU for more information.
Our clinic offers a rapid antigen test as well as PCR test that both yield same day results. If you need a test for travel, please be certain that you are requesting the correct test. If it is not specified, our staff will assume you want the rapid antigen.
Yes. We are offering an EUA/FDA approved antibody test. Patients can call 334-844-9825 to schedule this test. It is not recommended to use the antibody test to check for current infection
We are no longer administering the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccines are being given at the Auburn University Pharmaceutical Care Clinic. They are located at: 2155 Walker Building, Auburn University, Al. 36849.
Click here to schedule an appointment.
YES! Please notify the staff member scheduling your appointment that you are COVID positive.
To view the Patient Fact Sheet for the Antigen Test we are currently offering, please click here
For the most up to date information on all topics related to COVID-19, please click here