About Our Services
Are you interested in getting professional, individualized nutrition advice?
The registered dietitians/nutritionists on the Auburn University Nutrition Team assist clients with grocery shopping, meal planning, weight management, food allergies/intolerances, gastrointestinal issues, disease prevention, sports nutrition, eating disorder recovery, and women’s health issues such as amenorrhea, PCOS, and infertility.
Partnering with the Auburn University Medical Clinic, Student Counseling Services, Campus Recreation personal trainers, and community private practice clinicians, the Eating Disorder Treatment Team provides a multidisciplinary approach for true recovery for those struggling with disordered eating, exercise, nutrition, and body image issues.
Our philosophy is, "There’s no such thing as a bad food." Our method of operation is finding balance. Do you want a nutrition check-up? Need help buying groceries? Or, do you have health issues treatable by diet modification? Get started on your journey to the best version of you.
Our nutrition team offers a variety of services including nutrition consults, grocery store tours, metabolic assessments, and more. The initial consult fee is $45 due by credit or debit card at the time of service. Other service costs can be discussed in detail with our Nutrition Team once needs are assessed and diagnosis is determined. For more information included scheduling an appointment please email email@example.com.
If you're interested in a consultation with our registered dietitian/nutritionists, follow these steps:
- Our Nutrition Team offers a variety of services including individual nutrition consults, grocery store tours, group sessions, and more. The individual initial consult fee is $45. Other service costs can be discussed in detail with our Nutrition Team once needs are assessed and diagnosis is determined in the initial consultation.
- Click this link to submit your information (name, email, phone number, reason for appointment, referral source, etc.). You will receive a confirmation email after submission with expected wait time. In the following 14 days, you will receive an email from our online portal (PHRQL) with a link to an online assessment (PSA) to complete prior to your appointment.
- Click this link to access the fillable PDF. Complete the Food/Beverage/Activity Journal with as much detail as possible, including two weekdays and one weekend day. Details should include approximate serving sizes such as 10 crackers, ½ cup of blueberries, and 3 oz./4 very thin slices of turkey breast. Please try NOT to change what you would typically choose to eat and drink during the days you are recording your intake. This gives a real-life snapshot of your current nutrition status. Click the submit button at the end of the journal after successfully recording two week days and one weekend day.
- Upon receiving your Food/Beverage/Activity Journal, a Nutrition Team Member will begin processing your paperwork. The sooner you complete and submit this piece of your paperwork along with the PSA in PHRQL, the better. Please note: The online assessment (PSA) and food/beverage/activity journal must be completed and submitted online no less than three (3) business days prior to your scheduled appointment. Failure to complete both portions of your required paperwork in a timely manner will result in a cancellation of your appointment.
- We look forward to working with you and to helping you reach your health potential. If you have questions, please phone or email.
Note: Because Auburn University is a teaching institution, Nutrition Team members who are training to be registered dietitians observe consultations in confidentiality to gain experience in nutrition counseling. If you have a concern regarding this observation, please make a note in your email when submitting your journal. We respect your privacy and honor all requests for no observation.