Staff Council Elects New Leadership
The Auburn University Staff Council, during their June General Session (June 13th) elected three new members to the Steering Committee and a new Chair Elect. The new Steering members are:
- Jason Amling – Landscape Services
- Kimberly Brumbeloe- Engineering Continuing Education
- Paula Norrell- Biological Science
The Chair Elect for 2017-2018 is Tammy Williams from the Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development. Their terms begin July 1.
Current Chair Elect Charlene Thomas will take over as Chair on July 1 and Althea Tate will roll off and become the new Past Chair. Arthur rolls off as Past Chair.
Congratulations to our new leaders and thank you to those rolling off for your service to Auburn University.
Employees of the Year 2016-2017
Auburn University honored its Employee of the Year award recipients during the May 24 Employee Recognition Program. The recipients, pictured above from left, are:
- Service/Maintenance: Shelia Hooks, Auburn Facilities Management
- Technical/Paraprofessional: Christopher Cox, Auburn University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Admin/Professional: Patricia Branum, Auburn University Libraries
- Secretarial/Clerical: Lauren Einhorn, Auburn University School of Kinesiology
The Tigers Unlimited Foundation and Auburn University Foundation combined to contribute $3,000 for each winner. Employees of the Year are selected from the monthly Spirit of Excellence winners
Good News from Human Resources!
Auburn University employees who wish to apply for the Employee Educational Benefit and/or the Dependent Educational Benefit can now register through Self-Service Banner.
To register for either benefit, complete the following steps:
- Go to www.auburn.edu.
- Click on AU Access.
- Enter user name and password.
- Click on the Self Service icon (Banner).
- Select Employee Education Benefit and Dependent Benefit.
- Select either Employee Education Benefit or Dependent Benefit.
- Complete the application as directed. You may revisit the site to monitor the progression of your application; however, you will also receive an email at each stage of progression.
- Contact Ben Smith in Human Resource Development (HRD) at (334) 844-1602 if you have questions or concerns.
- An Employee Education Benefit application is needed for each class.
- Auburn University Montgomery (AUM) requires dependents attending classes at AUM to register each fall semester. Auburn University dependents only need to apply once.
- For additional information on these educational opportunities, please visit http://www.auburn.edu/administration/human_resources/hrd/educ_opp.htm or call the HRD office at 844-1602.
Auburn University Human Resources
1550 East Glenn Avenue
Auburn, AL 36849
BEAT THE HEAT! CHECK THE BACKSEAT!
You could make the difference between life and death for those
unwillingly trapped inside a vehicle.
If you'd like to donate to the campaign you can do so through the Auburn University Fund sending your check made out to:
Auburn University Foundation (AUF)
Office of Development
College of Veterinary Medicine
317 S. College Street
Auburn, AL 36849-5517
In the memo line, designate “Staff Council Educational Campaigns”.