AU Storm Water Management
Welcome to Auburn University’s Stormwater Management page. This section is intended to serve as a resource for the university community and raise awareness of the efforts to improve the water quality in our local streams, rivers and lakes.
The primary goal of the AU Stormwater Management Program is to reduce the discharge of pollutants contained in stormwater runoff through the implementation of best management practices which are described in the Stormwater Management Program Plan or SWMPP.
The Department of the Risk Management and Safety/ Environmental Health and Safety coordinates with other University and community groups to facilitate the objectives of the program and to capitalize on the strengths of the university to enhance our efforts to become a model of stormwater management.
Please do not hesitate to contact this office should you have any questions or concerns.
Best Management Practices
BMP 1- Public Education and Public Involvement on Stormwater Impacts
- ALOA - Stream Buffers
- ALOA - Wetlands
- ALOA - Materials Management
- ALOAS - Emerging Containmants
- ALOAS - Parkerson Mill Creek Watershed
- EPA Stormwater Webpage
- ADEM Construction Stormwater Webpage
- PMC Watershed Management Plan
- ALOA - Stormwater Management Websites Introduction
BMP 2 - Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- ALOA - Illicit Discharge Identification and Prevention
- Report your concerned observations by contacting Facilities Management Work Management by calling 844-HELP or submit your concern via "Ask Facilities" below.