WHAT TO DO IN CASE OF AN EYE INJURY
- Don’t squeeze eyes shut. Hold them open with thumb and index finger.
- Flood eyes with cool, clean water for 15-20 minutes.
- Get medical attention immediately. Have the chemical container and its label available for evaluation.
- Don’t use another chemical to neutralize the spilled chemical.
- Don’t try to remove anything embedded in the eye. Doing so could actually cause more damage.
- Don’t pull or squeeze the eye. Cover it and get medical attention immediately.
- If the eyes are exposed to intense heat, flames, lasers or arc welding radiation, apply ice packs to relieve pain.
- Get medical attention immediately.
Source: National Safety Council, 2004