* Page under construction
Take the AU Campus Fire Safety Pledge
Fire is your Fight
The Auburn University Campus Fire Safety Pledge is designed to bring greater awareness of the importance of campus fire safety to the university community. According to the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), an estimated 3,800 university housing fires occur each year in the United States with 88 percent being cooking fires.
It is imperative that students - especially those living away from home for the first time - understand the dangers and/or know how to respond if they find themselves involved in a campus-related housing fire. The Fire Safety Pledge is not a requirement, but acts as a reminder of this important safety initiative, bringing it to students in a memorable and educational but fun way. The possibility of a campus-related housing fire is probably far from most college students' minds, but a student's actions in their place of residence can bear a strong effect, not only on them, but the other residents they share that space with. Fire and fire prevention is every student's fight. Each student should take responsibility for his or her actions, learn the dangers and strive for prevention for the safety of all.
Students taking the Campus Fire Safety Pledge can participate in at least three of the four Campus Fire Safety Month events held during each week of September and be entered to win the CFSM Grand Prize Giveaway.
The Official Campus Fire Safety Month Pledge:
"I pledge to stay safety aware, to take responsibility for my safety and that of my fellow classmates. I am committed to educating myself on the dangers of campus-related fires and fire prevention tips."
Guidelines for Grand Prize Giveaway:
- Print a copy of the Pledge Card (PDF)
- Attend at least three of the four CFSM events highlighted in September.
- Get your Pledge Card stamped at each event by a member of the Risk Management & Safety staff.
- Sign the pledge once your card is complete
- Turn the card into a member of the Risk Management & Safety staff to be entered to win the grand prize (participant must be present at the "Movie Night" event to be eligible to win).
Schedule of Events (Attend at least three of the four to be eligible):
- AU Firefighter Challenge (Sept. 6)
- Popcorn and Prevention (Sept. 11)
- Fire Extinguisher Training (Sept. 20)
- "After the Fire" Movie Night (Sept. 28)
SEE THE FULL SCHEDULE HERE
Grand Prizes Available (Updated daily):
- Yeti Roadie cooler, courtesy of Brendle Sprinkler Company
- $100 Kinnucan's giftcard
- Gift pack from Alumni Hall ($40 value)
- Auburn-branded basketball, autographed by Bruce Pearl
- Giftcards from Mapco and Niffer's