Our Facebook and Twitter followers are the first to receive our updates.
YOU WILL BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
So, please read it carefully before you complete the registration form...
- While Auburn University Panhellenic does not require a minimum GPA to participate in recruitment, the individual chapters do have their own grade requirements. Based on the information the average minimum GPA requirement for pledging tends to be around a 3.2, but some sororities have cutoffs that are higher. The all sorority GPA is usually above a 3.2. In some circumstances, however, women with GPAs below the requirements do receive bids, but please be advised that having grades below the requirements do limit your chances of pledging.
- If you register by 11:59 pm on Monday, July 9, 2018, the recruitment fee will be $80.00. From Tuesday, July, 10, 2018 until 11:59 pm on Sunday, July 29, 2018, online registration will still be available, but at a cost of $300.00. Beginning Monday, July 30, 2018 ,registration will only be available by calling our office at 334-844-4595 and will cost $300.00. A t-shirt is included in your recruitment fee. Additional shirts may be ordered at a price of $13.00. There is also an option to order two meals. This can be done on your registration form. All recruitment, meal and t-shirt fees will be posted to your bursar's account, so please don't send us any money.
- Once you submit your application, your recruitment, meal, and t-shirt fees will not be refunded, even if you do not come to recruitment. So, be sure you really want to participate before you sign up.
- You should register for recruitment only once. Do not register once and then register again later with changes. Once you register, the sororities receive the information you send in and have begun working with your application and it creates a great deal of confusion when someone tries to register more than once and submit changes. The final online registration deadline is not until July 29, 2018, so you've got plenty of time to gather the correct information and register correctly only once rather than register and then send in corrections. Make sure that the information you submit is correct and that you print out a copy for your records. We will email you a receipt within two weeks of your submission.
- When you fill out your registration, be sure to capitalize and spell correctly. The information you submit is sent to the sororities as is, so if you type in all-caps or if you do not capitalize, that is the information that the sororities see. So, be sure to submit your information in a format that you would be proud of.
- You should not register until you have your final, complete high school transcript. It is best for you to turn in the correct one the first time rather than submit a late one or a different one later. You will need to know your final high school GPA for your registration. We ask that you report it on a 4.0 scale. Weighting for honors and AP classes is allowed. So, get that ready before you begin.
- Before sending in your transcript, check over it for your social security number. We don't need that for anything, so you should mark over it with black marker or white it out before submitting your transcript.
Be prepared with these things before you begin registration:
- Note your username and password. When you register, you will create a username and a password for yourself. We will not be able to look them up for you, so make sure you keep track of that information. You can log back in and make changes as you need to once your registration is complete.
- Use Google Chrome, if you can, and enable all cookies on your browser. Make sure your browser has cookies enabled before clicking on the registration link. Otherwise, your application may not submit. Take this important step to ensure you don't have to retype everything. Keep in mind that our recruitment registration is stored in a different place. So, enabling cookies for this site only won't work. Enable all cookies. When you're finished registration, change your setting back to the original state.
- Your resume information. You will be asked general contact information for you and at least one parent. Also, be ready to report all activities (school, church, community...) from your high school years (and college years if applicable). You will need to know your Auburn email address and student ID number. Since this is the official place that your recruitment information is housed, it is important that you submit the information carefully and correctly. Do not put "See Resume."
- Your high school transcript and any applicable college transcripts in an electronic copy. The sororities look carefully at each person's GPA. Providing a copy of each class you took helps them do this. Get a copy of your transcript (it's OK if it is marked unofficial) and make sure to mark out your social security number if it appears on there. We do not need your social security number for anything. The transcript is the best thing, but a final report card will suffice if it has the final cumulative GPA on it. Scan the pages into one document, even if it is more than one transcript. There is a portion of the application where you will attach the transcript to your application.
- You have the option to upload a photo, if you choose to. With such a large group of potential members, the sororities use photographs for identification purposes. You will have the opportunity to upload one photo in the "Upload Image" section. The maximum file size is 1 MB. It does not have to be professionally taken. It can be head only, head to toe, , or anything in- between. Any type of pose is fine. If you submit a photo, make sure that it doesn't have anyone else in it. Also, it should look like you. If you had long curly hair in high school, but you have cut it and straightened it, submit a photo with short, straight hair to prevent a case of mistaken identity.
- Review the list of sororities to know whether you are a legacy. Each sorority has its own definition of who their legacies are. It is OK to report any family relationships you want, but only the relationships listed here are officially considered legacies. The registration form will ask you to provide the name, school and sorority of the relative. Some people think it's smart to leave legacies off of the registration, but ask the relative to send a letter to the chapter about the legacy status. This is not smart. When someone lists a legacy connection, only that sorority sees it. If you want the sorority to consider you as a legacy, you must indicate this on your registration.
- Be prepared to complete the t-shirt portion of the application. The registration fee provides one shirt to each potential member. The shirt has not yet been designed, but will appear here when it has. The shirts will be worn during philanthropy round, which is a two- day round. Some potential members choose to get only one shirt and wear it both days, but others choose to purchase an extra shirt ($13) so they will have a fresh one on hand for day 2 of the round. The order for recruitment shirts will be placed July 10. So, only people who have registered by July 9 will be able to order additional shirts. While we will order additional shirts for those women who register after July 9, we can not guarantee that every size and color will be available. Each of the shirts we have left will be sold for $13 cash at the Recruitment Kickoff on August 10. So, if you would like another shirt and miss the opportunity to order online, bring $13 cash, in exact change to the Recruitment Kickoff.
- THIS IS NEW- Consider whether you want to order meals for two of the days. There are six days of recruitment events. On four of those days, we either finish early or have the ability to stagger lunch times, so the crowd is manageable. However, on days 1 (Saturday August 11), and 3 (Monday, August 13), everyone shares the lunch break of noon to 1:30 PM. You are allowed to bring a lunch, return to your residence hall or apartment, or eat on campus. The lines can get long on campus, so we are offering you the option to pre-order a meal for those two days. The price is $7.99 for each. Each lunch includes water and a cookie and has the choice of three entrees and one side dish. If you opt-in to these, you will be charged on your e-bill and the fee is non-refundable, even if you drop out or choose not to eat. If you do not pre-order, you will not be charged, but you will be responsible for your own lunch. Because the Village Dining Hal adjacent to the sororities will be open and can accommodate allergens and special diets, we cannot accommodate special lunch orders outside of what is listed on the registration. This part of your registration is finalized on Sunday, July 29.
- Consider your two Bid Day guests. On Bid Day, if a new member wants to bring guests, she is limited to 2, and they may not be changed after August 1. There is place on the registration where she may submit their name and an email address where we can email them information about the day.
Please call the Greek Life Office (334) 844-4600 any time between 7:45 am and 4:45 pm Central Time Monday to Friday with any questions.
If you want to get our latest announcements, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
* Registration is currently closed. Registration for fall 2018 recruitment will begin June 1.
* After you have registered, you can return to your registration and edit it, as long as you save the username and password you create for this registration. Click here to learn how.
Last Updated: 9/14/2017