2018 Research & Economic Development Advisory Board Advancement of Research & Scholarship Achievement Award
Congratulations to the 2018 REAB Advancement of Research & Scholarship Achievement Award recipient, Dr. Pradeep Lall from the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
PURPOSE: The intent of the Research and Scholarship Achievement Award is to recognize high quality, competitive, research and scholarly activity that exemplifies and advances Auburn’s research and scholarship mission. The award is a grant of university funds to be used to support the awardee’s research and/or scholarly activities. This award is recognized as Auburn’s most prestigious research and scholarship award.
CRITERIA: The Research and Scholarship Achievement Award will recognize a faculty member from Auburn University or Auburn University at Montgomery who has distinguished him/herself through research and scholarly activity advancing Auburn’s research and scholarship mission, significantly impacting his/her field of study, and leading to extraordinary scholarship and/or notable research findings. This activity can consist of a body of work performed over a period of time or one seminal project.
The criteria used to evaluate the research and scholarly activity may include:
• Advancement of Auburn’s research mission
• Noteworthy, significant impact on field
• Success in obtaining and sustaining extramural funding
• Establishment of extramural research partnerships/collaborations/consortia
• Technology transfer activity (i.e., inventions, patents)
• Publication in top-tier journals
• Authorship of high quality books or other scholarly works
• Honorary awards, distinguished fellowships
Robert Holm, Ph.D
Proposal Services & Faculty Support
Phone: (334) 844-5877
2015 – Dr. Geoff Hill
2016 – Dr. Bruce Tatarchuk
2017 – Dr. Mona El-Sheikh