Fall 2019 Application
Please read this page in it's entirety before accessing the application.
This application will be available from October 1, 2018- December 3, 2018. Your application must be complete and have been submitted before December 3rd in order to be considered for admission. We will not accept any partial applications or any applications submitted past the deadline
1. Read this page in its entirety
2. Complete the application using:(The application will not be accessible until October 1, 2018)
- Be sure to "Submit" your application. You should receive an email confirming that your application has been "received" by the Student Services Office. If you do not receive an email confirming your submission, the Student Services office does not have your application and thus will not be considered for admission.
We ask that you carefully read the "Instructions" section" to make sure you have all the documents needed to complete your application before starting.
**We highly encourage transfer students to apply to Auburn University as soon as possible in order to avoid any delays in applying to our upper division. All students must have an Auburn email address before receiving the link to the application**
1. Apply for admission to Auburn University:
Applicants must be currently enrolled at Auburn University OR be accepted to the university and have paid the confirmation deposit BEFORE completing the Nursing application
2. Apply to the Nursing program using the link above
Forms to have ready before accessing the Nursing application:
1) Volunteer/Work/Shadowing- We will accept emails, letters, and other forms the state the following
Needs to state number of hours completed, description of observation, point of contact to verify hours.
**We will only use your Auburn email address to communicate**
- Unsuccessful applicants must reapply if they desire consideration for a future class
- Please do not call the advising office unless you have read this page thoroughly
- Interviews for Fall 2019 will be February 9, 2019 and are in-person and mandatory.
- Are volunteer/work/shadowing forms required?
- No, we recommend completing a health-related experience in order to stay competitive. However, a specific form isn't required. You can document your experience through a letter, email, or using the form provided on this page. Please be sure to include how many hours completed, description of experience, and contact information for a supervisor.
- Can I upload a letter, sign-in sheet, or email from a supervisor and it counts toward my volunteer/work/shadowing experience?
- Yes! We will accept forms listed above for your volunteer/work/shadowing information. Be sure to have how many hours completed, description of experience, and contact information for a supervisor.
- Can I mail or drop off my application?
- No, we are no longer accepting paper forms for our application.
- When will I know if I got an interview?
- Emails about interviews will go out approximately 2 weeks after spring semester starts. Keep in mind that we will use your Auburn email address to communicate about application status, interviews, and acceptance
- How can I submit my application before my grades are reported for a spring semester?
- If you are currently taking courses at Auburn University for the fall semester, the Student Services office will look up your fall grades after grades are reported.
- If you are currently taking any courses away from Auburn University for a fall semester, you will need to send a copy of your unofficial transcript to email@example.com no later than January 1st in order to be considered for admission. Keep in mind that official transcripts must be sent to AU University no later than February 1st.
- What if I don't know my auburn email address?
- Contact the Admissions department.
- I forgot to upload my volunteer information (or any other document), but I've already submitted my application...
- We will not accept any forms or documents after an application has been submitted. We highly encourage you to read the instructions page and have all documents prepared to upload to the application before starting the application.
- Whew, I've submitted my application with all supporting documents...Now what?
- You will receive an application status email from one of our staff members. This email will include your application status. We recommend that you take a look at your Degree Works to see any outstanding courses you have left to take. Interview emails will go out to Auburn email addresses about 2 weeks after the start of spring semester. Please do not call our office about interview dates and times, emails will include all important details in a timely manner.
- Eek! I can't make the interview. What should I do?
- Unfortunately, all interviews are required to be in-person and on the date specified. If you can't make the interview date, we suggest you apply for another cohort. Interviews for Fall cohort will be February 9th.
- How do I know if I am a transfer student or current Auburn student?
- If you are currently taking Auburn courses, you are a current Auburn student. This is even if you haven't taken all of your courses at Auburn. You are only considered a "transfer student" when you are applying to Auburn Nursing and not taking Auburn courses.
- What questions are on the application?
- All of the questions are information based. We do not ask any essay questions. We ask for contact information, volunteer/work/shadowing information