SKILL includes weekly coaching sessions, as well as phone, text, and email support.
At each session, a student can expect a knowledgeable coach who actively listens, encourages, motivates, and supports.
Coaching sessions will be based on information provided during the intake interview, but students can expect the sessions to follow the schedule below during their first semester. Study skills, time management, decision making, organization, planning, effective and professional communication and academic progress are naturally incorporated into all coaching sessions.
- Educational and academic history
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Academic skills and learning preferences
- Assistive Technology needs assessment
- Establish expectations and boundaries
Weeks 1-2: Getting Started
- Comprehensive syllabus review for each course
- Set up academic planner for the semester
- Develop a weekly schedule incorporating class and study time, as well as time for extra-curricular activities
- Assistance adjusting classes as needed
- Support with setting up accommodations including proctored exams
Weeks 3-14: Semester Progress
- Weekly check ins
- Develop weekly action plans
- Study strategies
- Weeks 10/11 include a comprehensive review of courses prior to the withdrawal deadline
- Assistance with course selection, schedule planning and registration
Weeks 15-16: Finals Preparation
- Comprehensive course review including goal setting for final exams
- Finalize study schedule for final exams