Technology Support and Accessible Information
The Office of Accessibility is available to help with technology-related questions or problems that impact students or employees with a disability. You can call, email, or just drop by 1228 Haley. Staff are available to discuss assistive technologies, accessible instructional materials, captioning, braille, web accessibility, and good design principles to improve accessibility.
The AU Office of Accessibility provides services that can help you with the accessibility of your websites, video, and other technologies. Services include:
- Evaluate websites for accessibility
- Test technology products as they’re being considered for procurement
- Provide presentations and customized training on Universal Design for Learning and Creating accessible pages on Canvas.
- Provide training on creating accessible instructional materials.
- Provide assistance with creating accessible Word, PowerPoints, and PDF documents.
- Assist with captioning videos.
- Braille instructional materials.
- Provide demonstrations of assistive technology and software.
- Creating and supporting online resources to promote the development, procurement and use of accessible technology campus-wide.
We also have a resource page that addresses the topics listed above.